Durham County Council logo

You're now viewing information held on our old website. It will be transferred onto the new site soon.

Back to new website

St. Andrews Church - Blackhall (blac0140)

Building the Coast Railway
Blackhall Girls School

Postcard photograph entitled St. Andrew's Church, showing the exterior of the east end and south side of the church with buttresses and side buildings; the church has been identified as being in Blackhall

St. Andrews Church - Blackhall

Postcard photograph entitled St. Andrew's Church, showing the exterior of the east end and south side of the church with buttresses and side buildings; the church has been identified as being in Blackhall

Date: 1920 - 1929


This photo is after 1930 when it was rebuilt it was known as the inside out church, it stood originally in Stocton and was bought by the Parishoners of Blackhall and wasdismantled and brought to Blackhall on 2 ton trucks by road, Mr Earnest Chicken the Colliery Manager sold them the piece of land on which it now stands for 6000.

Comment added by R. Will on 28/08/2008 17:41:00

Return to search options

The People Past and Present web system is no longer being updated. At the time of publication the information provided was believed to be correct but may contain some factual errors.

Top of page